Website Global Medical Staffing
Go Far, Do Good
North Island — Our client is seeking a stroke physician (internist or geriatrician accepted) to work at their main hospital. This is a full-time, locums consultant role based in Northland, New Zealand. We are looking for a skilled and motivated specialist with hyper acute stroke experience to join our busy department and provide consultant care to inpatients.
Work alongside a team of experienced physicians to provide thrombolysis assessment, as well as assessment for mechanical thrombectomy where appropriate. Supervision of junior doctors and after-hours call rotation, including acute stroke ward rounds, will be part of your duties.
Physicians must be eligible for vocation registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand with postgraduate training in internal medicine, neurology, or geriatrics, be fluent in English, and experienced in stroke management and acute medicine. If you need assistance with a New Zealand medical license, we can assist you. Housing and vehicle will be provided for you for the duration of the assignment.
The North Island of New Zealand is known for its volcanic activity, national parks, and cosmopolitan cities. Surrounded by bays and islands, it’s known as "the City of Sails." At its southern tips is harbourside capital Wellington, home to the national museum, Te Papa.
To get this new adventure started, pick up the phone and call us today.
- North Island, New Zealand
- Work/life balance
- Monday – Friday
- You may provide support to neighboring communities
- Will consider 6- to 12-month assignment
- Familiarity with symptoms, signs, and diagnosis of neurological disorders
- Hospital privileges needed
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member of NALTO