The New Zealand specialist medical recruitment agency.
We are looking for a Consultant Psychiatrist to join this General Adult team. The position provides general adult community based clinical care across a wide area and would be ideal for those with a strong interest in rural psychiatry and broad skills in general adult mental health.
Working in partnership with the wider health; social and community sectors, you will join an innovative multidisciplinary team in contributing to an integrated model of service delivery in both outpatient and inpatient settings.
Located in the north of the North Island this region was the first one to be settled by Polynesians and Europeans. The landscape combines a diversity of different environments: breath-taking surf beaches and rocky bays, steep volcanoes and hill ranges, ancient rainforest bush as well as ‘exotic’ pine forests, rolling farmland for grazing – even New Zealand’s highest sand dunes. It also boasts the highest average annual temperatures in New Zealand, but it is never extreme.
Working in New Zealand
New Zealand has a Multi-Employer Collective Agreement in place across all the District Health Boards and salaries are consistent based upon years of post-specialist experience. NZDr can provide you with all the details for this.
- Base salary (NZ$164,000- $244,560) + allowances for job size, on call and availability.
- 6 weeks annual leave.
- 2 weeks / $16,000 CME/CPD Allowance.
- Reimbursement of your practicing registration fees, college membership and indemnity insurance.
- Relocation packages vary with each DHB.
Working with NZDr
We provide a comprehensive and highly personalised service as approved recruitment partners to all New Zealand’s health boards. We offer: –
- Bespoke job search and interview set up and contract negotiations.
- Medical Council Registration guidance.
- Immigration advice and application management with our own licensed immigration adviser.
- Access to our personal experience of living in New Zealand – regions, healthcare and school systems to name a few.
- NZDr is proudly New Zealand owned and operated – talk with the locals.
For more information about this specific role or about living and working in New Zealand contact our team and start the conversation. Let’s talk!
Interested? Apply Below