Website Origin Medical Recruitment
Helping make your NZ dream a reality!
The successful applicant will have diverse clinical work, and will experience rewarding and unique collaborations engaging Maori communities. There is opportunity to work creatively to achieve the positive outcomes for whanau. Professional relationships are strong and collegial. There is a commitment to excellence in practice, professional development and opportunities for research. This role will suit a psychiatrist who has energy to tackle inequities and a desire to engage in service development and the motivation to make a difference within this community.
Generalist psychiatrist skills are required as participation in an afterhours on call roster is required. The after hour’s roster is well supported by skilled and experienced front line clinical staff who work with a cultural team.
• Fellowship of the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatry or equivalent
• Registered or eligible for vocational registration in Psychiatry with the Medical Council of New Zealand
Skills and experience:
• Specialist knowledge and broad clinical experience of Mental Health Services for Older People and General Adult psychiatry
• The ability to work professionally and effectively as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Commitment to quality and safety in clinical practice
• Have a current driver’s licence valid in New Zealand
• Enjoy an incredible lifestyle with beautiful, world-class beaches, and an excellent selection of local wineries, cafes and bars set amongst a landscape suited to a variety of outdoor sports and adventure.
• Attractive salary package including special allowances
• Accommodation and vehicle package
• CME package of $16 K annually
• Access to 10 weeks of leave annually
The hospital is the main regional hospital in the North eastern part of the North Island, creating enormous scope and variety in the work available to an enthusiastic and skilled radiologist. Recognised as an ideal place to raise a family, the location is a relaxed city offering access to outstanding leisure pursuits and a caring, safe community. The city has superb outdoor facilities, golden beaches, a warm climate and a vibrant local economy based on wineries, agriculture, surfing, and tourism.
Why You Should Apply:
• Great work and life balance with city and country lifestyle options
• Teaching opportunities and the possibility to advance your career
• Superb coastal location with good access to many of the North island’s most popular attractions