The New Zealand specialist medical recruitment agency.
FT Permanent position or 1 year Fixed Term Contract
Are you seeking a new and exciting opportunity?
We are looking for a dedicated General Adult Psychiatrist to join the Mental Health and Addiction Service. The main focus will be to work in the community setting but there is some flexibility to work in an inpatient setting if required. The service has embarked on a significant redevelopment programme in the past 18 months and the services goal in the immediate future is to further develop and integrate a range of well-connected services along with NGO partners in the community.
The hospital provides comprehensive community-based mental health services across the complete age range including:
- Child, adolescent and family mental health services
- Comprehensive community adult services
- Specialist Maori mental health services
- Specialist services for Mental Health for the elderly
- Specialist community alcohol and drug services including OST services
- Comprehensive 24-hour acute care services (crisis intervention service)
- Acute inpatient services (including intensive mental health care-26 beds)
- General hospital liaison psychiatry
- Early intervention services
- Intensive community rehabilitation services.
There is ongoing commitment to continuing medical education and professional development and the peer review group is enrolled with the maintenance of professional standards programme of the Royal Australia and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists.
Suitable candidates must be eligible for vocational registration with the Medical Council of NZ.
Working in New Zealand
New Zealand has a Multi-Employer Collective Agreement in place across all the District Health Boards and NZDr can provide you with the details for this. It makes for a great lifestyle here in New Zealand.
- 6 weeks annual leave
- 2 weeks / $16,000 CME/CPD Allowance
- Base salary + allowances for job size, on call and availability.
- Reimbursement of your practicing registration fees, college membership and indemnity insurance
The Relocation package packages vary with each DHB.
Working with NZDr means advice and support with:
- Medical Council Registration.
- Job search and interview set up.
- Our experience of living in New Zealand – regions, healthcare and school systems.
NZDr is proudly New Zealand owned and operated – talk with the locals!
Interested? Apply Below!