Website Global Medical Staffing
Go Far, Do Good
North Island — A North Island, New Zealand hospital is looking for consultant physicians to join the internal medicine department, consisting of eight physicians with sub-specialty interests, and two consultant cardiologists. They currently have a full-time position available and are seeking applicants with subspecialty interests in gerontology.
They are looking for a physician with a knowledge base and experience within general medicine, including acute medicine. You will see undifferentiated medical patients being admitted to the hospital and will obtain subspecialty advice from their tertiary center if required. This allows for them to have a broad spectrum practice.
The current schedule of work consists of being assigned to ward-based care three weeks on, then three weeks off to attend to administrative duties, CME activities, committee, and audit work. Clinicians are also rostered half-day outpatient clinics two times a week.
You should be passionate about providing an efficient and effective service for the community and be able to provide clinical support for the multi-disciplinary team while working in conjunction with surgical, anesthetics, nursing allied, and cultural team members to deliver good-quality outcomes for patients. You will be expected to participate in all professional and quality-assurance activities required by the medical department, as well as a 1 in 6 on call roster.
The North Island of New Zealand is known for its volcanic activity, national parks, and cosmopolitan cities. Surrounded by bays and islands, it’s known as "the City of Sails." At its southern tips is harbourside capital Wellington, home to the national museum, Te Papa.
Ready to start an exhilarating experience in healthcare? Pick up the phone and call us today.
- BC required
- Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week
- Work-life balance
- Internal medicine with interest in gerontology
- Experience with general medicine, including acute medicine
- Adult inpatient, outpatient, and clinic
- Supportive and talented colleagues
- Access to skiing, hiking, and fishing
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member of NALTO