Head Medical have a new opportunity available for a Consultant Gastroenterologist to work in the Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital (QEQM) based in East Kent.
If successful you will join a passionate and driven Gastroenterology team where the Consultants (when covering wards) provide early morning and afternoon reviews of the Emergency Floor to identify patients needing specialist care. You will perform daily board and ward rounds of patients supporting the delivery of SAFER. In addition to the above you will perform two OPR clinics per week and two general endoscopy lists, plus a session dedicated to a special interest.
Ideally, we are looking for a Doctor who is keen to assist in developing specialist GI services such as upper gi, barrett’s, pH monitoring/manometry, EUS and complex polypectomy whilst also looking to expand the ERCP service in East Kent. Those with other special interests are encouraged to apply. The end goal is to be able to provide a seven-day gastroenterology and endoscopic service and if successful you will be vital in implementing that.
To be considered for this role you must have:
- Registration with the General Medical Council (GMC) or eligible for registration within 6 months of interview.
- Hold Specialist Registration with the GMC (or be eligible within 6 months of interview) Or hold the relevant experience at Consultant level.
- 5 years’ experience within Gastroenterology.
- Salary will follow NHS pay scales and be from £82,096 up to £110,683 dependent on experience.
- This job is subject to a police check. Those requiring Tier 2 visas will be considered as well as those looking for part time.
Express your interest below