Website Global Medical Staffing
Go Far, Do Good
North Island — We have a new opportunity for a psychiatrist to practice in beautiful and exciting New Zealand. You’ll work a Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm. To be considered, you must be board certified. Licensing assistance is available for this role.
The majority of work will be in the community, including some home visits, but some inpatient work will also be required. The psychiatrist will be responsible for admitting psychogeriatric patients to the ward, but the medical officer does the majority of the day-to-day ward work. There is a large percentage of patients with schizophrenia. Most patients have scheduled appointments.
You can get started in the spring of 2022, and we will help you through the credentialing process. Your travel will be paid for, housing and rental car provided and malpractice coverage included.
The North Island of New Zealand is known for its volcanic activity, national parks, and cosmopolitan cities. Surrounded by bays and islands, it’s known as "the City of Sails." At its southern tips is harbourside capital Wellington, home to the national museum, Te Papa.
Interested? There’s more to tell. Feel free to request information, or just pick up the phone and give us a call.
- Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm
- 2nd call
- BC required
- Outpatient and some inpatient
- Admit psychogeriatric patients
- Licensing assistance available
- Centrally located with access to skiing, hiking, canoeing, rafting, and the beach
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member of NALTO