The New Zealand specialist medical recruitment agency.
We are searching for an Emergency Medicine Specialist to work in an Emergency Department based on New Zealand’s South Island.
– Start date: ASAP
– Permanent contract (would consider 12 months initial commitment)
– Full time (40 hours per week)
– 9 hour shifts
– NO NIGHT SHIFTS
– Salary: experience dependent based on the MECA* contract pay scale.
– 6 weeks paid annual leave
– 10 days paid Continued Medical Education leave
– $16,000 CME allowance per year
– Relocation assistance package included
Why contact NZDr:
– There is NO cost to the doctor for NZDr’s service!
– New Zealand based and focused
– Experienced team of Recruiters and Licensed Immigration advisors.
– NZDr will handle your MCNZ registration
– We will handle your VISA application
– We also assist you with guiding you through your relocation – from advising how to set up a bank account, to which cell phone network to go with. We aim to give you a friendly local welcome when you arrive and keep in touch as you settle in.
– NZDr understands their role, we are here to make your move as stress free as possible to ensure a positive experience!
There are several Emergency Departments in New Zealand currently searching for Emergency Medicine Specialist’s to join their team! Ideally, you would be looking to come for the longer term (2+ years) however, 12-month contracts may be available in some locations.
US Board Certified EM specialists are eligible to apply for Vocational (specialist) registration as well as Locum Tenens (temporary specialist license), and are highly likely to be successful in their application. This is how so many US trained EM specialists currently call New Zealand “Home”!
If you’re considering an adventure and the New Zealand lifestyle and its scenery appeals to you, contact Adam at NZDr to arrange a call where he will give you all the information required for you to understand if this if New Zealand will be right for you.
*MECA – NZ doctors working in the public hospitals are contracted by a Multi-Employer Collective Agreement (MECA). The MECA sets out the terms and conditions for working as a specialist in NZ’s Public hospitals. This link will take you to the current MECA contract – https://www.asms.org.nz/employment-advice/agreement-info/asms-dhb-meca-2020-2021/