Website Global Medical Staffing
Go Far, Do Good
Coastal North Island, New Zealand — A North Island hospital looking for a physician with a knowledge base and experience within general medicine, including acute medicine. You will see undifferentiated medical patients being admitted to the hospital and will obtain subspecialty advice from their tertiary center if required. This allows for them to have a broad-spectrum practice.
The current schedule of work consists of being assigned to ward-based care 3 weeks on then 3 weeks off to attend to clinical patients, administrative duties, CME activities, committee, and audit work. Clinicians are also rostered half-day outpatient clinics 2 times a week.
This position exists to:
1. Provide specialist adult general physician services to the community to meet service delivery
2. Provide appropriate and timely advice to staff and management on general medical matters and on professional standards of practice.
3. Participate in the professional and quality assurance activities required of senior medical staff.
You should be passionate about providing an efficient and effective service for the community and be able to provide clinical support for the multidisciplinary team while working in conjunction with surgical, anesthetics, nursing allied, and cultural team members to deliver good-quality outcomes for patients. You will be expected to participate in all professional and quality-assurance activities required by the medical department, as well as, a 1:6 on call roster.
The North Island of New Zealand is known for its volcanic activity, national parks, and cosmopolitan cities.
Ready to start an exhilarating experience in healthcare? Pick up the phone and call us today.
- ASAP > minimum of 12 months
- Typical schedule is Monday through Friday from 8 am to 4 pm, 40 hours per week
- Non-patient contact, professional obligations, and admin duties are roughly 30% of total workload
- Provide clinical support for the multidisciplinary team
- Work in conjunction with surgical, anaesthetics, nursing, and cultural team members
- Deliver quality outcomes for patients
- Participate in all professional and quality assurance activities
- Access to skiing, hiking, and fishing
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member o…