Website CanAm Physician Recruiting
Canada's most trusted international physician recruitment firm
Guysborough Memorial Hospital- Nova Scotia – Seeking two (2) Family Physicians for Permanent positions.
Guysborough Memorial Hospital serves the health care needs of the residents of Guysborough County. The community is at the north east corner of mainland Nova Scotia and the Atlantic Ocean and is one of the most picturesque places in the province, and home to an acclaimed theatre and a perfect harbour. Two excellent public schools serve the needs of children living in the District. The Regional Hospital is located 40mins away in Antigonish which is home to Saint Francis Xavier University, one of the top undergraduate universities in Canada.
Information and Benefits on Nova Scotia and Guysborough:
- · https://www.novascotia.com/
- · https://www.facebook.com/modgcounty/
- · http://modg.ca/business/resource-sectors/tourism
Guysborough Memorial Hospital provides following services;
- · 10 acute-care beds
- · 24hr emergency services, core diagnostic services (including Laboratory, x-ray and EKG)
- · Diabetes education centre; palliative care; physiotherapy; occupational therapy; foot care clinic; social work; mental health and addition services; public health and continuing care services
- · Visiting clinics for pediatrics and surgical consults
- · 50 bed long term care facility attached to hospital
The physicians work in a collaborative practice environment with a complement of 4 Family Practitioners, well trained Nurses, clinical psychologist and social workers. Scope of practice will be; Family practice, offices are in a new wing attached to the Hospital, Doctors provide shared coverage for a 10-bed acute care in- patient facility, a 50-bed nursing home and Low level 1 Emergency. Emergency covered 24/7 with patient’s triaged by an experience team of nurses, averaging 10 patients per day. Physician share coverage 8am to 8pm while they also cover family practice clinic. On call for Emergency room from 8pm and 8am and weekends/stat holidays at hourly rate $70.
Benefits for permanent:
- · Relocation assistance available
- · Open to physicians needing supervision
- · Housing accommodation possible
- · Medical Degree with Specialty Training in Family Medicine.
- · Eligible for Licence with College of Physicians & Surgeons Nova Scotia
Interested candidates please apply below and include CV.