Website CanAm Physician Recruiting
Canada's most trusted international physician recruitment firm
Seeking Psychiatrist Specialists for Permanent Opportunity Earning Potential $500,000 +
Hours of Work: 75 hours biweekly, plus on-call obligations
James Paton Memorial Regional Health Centre. The James Paton Memorial Health Centre is in Gander, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
Gander is great community with an airport and all modern daily amenities.
Information and Benefits of Gander:
The psychiatrist will report to the Chief of Psychiatry, and as directed, work collaboratively with family physicians and other members of the multidisciplinary team. The psychiatrist will work in the capacity of a Rural General Psychiatrist and share work in the region of Central Health with 8-9 peer psychiatrists. This physician will share psychiatric clinical space, located adjacent to Mental Health and Addictions services, in the James Paton Memorial Hospital, with 1-2 other psychiatrists. There are no inpatient acute care psychiatric beds at this facility, so most of the practice will be community based. The Physician is expected to provide a minimum of 9 half-days per week of clinical work including consultative services, outpatient services, tele-psychiatry, waitlist management, electronic consultation (eConsultation), telephone consultation, or collaborative care psychiatry.
- · Provide a full range of psychiatric services ranging from assessment, consultation, psychopharmacology, and psychiatry interventions.
- · Prepare referrals to consultants and other health care providers (physiotherapy, social work, occupational therapy, etc.) as appropriate.
- · Advise patients and their families on mental health; including health promotion, disease, illness and accident prevention.
- · Participate in Case Conferences/Team Rounds/Chart Reviews and discussion of complex cases, as appropriate.
- · Work collaboratively with psychiatry triage nursing to assist in coordination of care and patient flow
- · Work collaboratively with Case Managers and FACT team staff through regularly scheduled meetings weekly.
- · Promote and optimize the use of telehealth.
- · Enter medical occurrences in CSRS system and participate in medical disclosures as necessary.
- · Medical Degree with specialist training in Psychiatry. Applicants should have residency training completed in either of the following countries: in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland OR South Africa.
- · Eligible for registration and license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador;
Interested candidates please apply below and include CV.