Website CanAm Physician Recruiting
Canada's most trusted international physician recruitment firm
Gastroenterologist (+/- Hepatology)- St. John’s, Newfoundland
The Medicine Program of Eastern Health is currently inviting expressions of interest for a full-time fee for service Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist to join our team at the Health Science Centre.
Eastern Health is the largest integrated health organization in Newfoundland and Labrador and is accredited with exemplary standing, the highest possible rating, from Accreditation Canada. It employs over 13,000 employees and provide services to a regional population of more than 300,000.
The Health Sciences Centre is a tertiary care hospital that receives referrals from the entire province. It is affiliated with Memorial University and is the primary training center for medical students and residents. As part of the Gastroenterology division, you will participate in an equal share of province wide on-call for Gastroenterology with our complement of gastroenterologists. The successful candidate will have an equal share of elective and urgent inpatient endoscopy time. The individual will be responsible for in and outpatient gastroenterology services including seeing new patients as well as follow up on existing patients. This position is hospital based with the expectation of 3 half day endoscopy slots per week and 2 half day clinic slots per week. The successful candidate will also participate in CTU coverage, currently 6 to 7 weeks per year.
· Medical Degree with specialist training in Internal Medicine and Subspecialty training in Gastroenterology
· Fellowship training or subspecialty expertise in hepatology or advanced therapeutic endoscopy, including ERCP or EUS would be considered an asset.
· Applicants should have residency training completed in either of the following countries: in Canada, United States, Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, Ireland OR South Africa.
· Applicants must be qualified or eligible for Fellowship in Gastroenterology with the Royal College of Physicians of Canada.
· Applicants must be eligible for registration and license with the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Interested candidates please apply below and include CV.