Website Global Medical Staffing
Go Far, Do Good
North Island — A North Island, New Zealand hospital is seeking an experienced and motivated cardiologist to participate in the continuing expansion of our multidisciplinary cardiology service. This includes the provision of community-based cardiology services, as well as the development of the hospital based secondary care service.
There are facilities for exercise ECGs, ambulatory monitoring, echocardiography (including TOE), diagnostic cardiac angiography and percutaneous coronary intervention, CT coronary angiography, cardiac MRI, SPECT myocardial perfusion imaging, and the insertion and follow up of permanent pacemakers.
There is a well-established heart failure service and the service is implementing the national standards for cardiac care.
The hospital’s health cardiology service is currently undertaking extensive planning to develop the existing service, including dedicated diagnostic angiography and pacemaker implantation facilities.
Health New Zealand provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus, it also provides key health care and support services to neighboring communities.
Interested? Want to chat about this exciting opportunity?
- Board-certified IM
- Willing to wait for license
- Monday through Friday, 8 am to 5 pm
- Cardiac care physician
- 4 to 10 patients per day
- Pacemaker insertions, diagnostic catheterization, and angiography
- Supervision and interpretation of electrophysiological tests
- Pericardiocentesis and interpretation of radionuclide and radiological cardiac investigations
- Most assignments provide housing, travel and transportation
- Licensing/Registration and immigration assistance
- Only US agency currently offering international assignments
- GMS reps available 24/7 for assistance
- Member of NALTO